Float Down To Peru


Start at bottom (DAY ONE) and scroll up for
a proper chronologically correct day-by-day

Saturday, July 3, 2010

End (?) of Trip*


Things I shall not miss:

-- drinking (potable) water out of sterile urine specimen cups
-- having a toilet that does not flush .. or is flushed with buckets of dirty
water splashed in it
-- filthy bathrooms during travel/clinic times
-- enormous amounts of dust and clay; not being able to breathe, burning
eyes, sore throat
-- altitude sickness
-- the big black spider in my room
-- not being able to brush my teeth with water from
the tap
THINGS I SHALL MISS DEARLY:
-- the Peruanos
-- "Hierba Luisa" (Herbal tea with 'powers'), LĂșcuma (fruit) ice cream, chirimayo (white fruit), Aguayanta marmalade, Andean potatoes
-- the medical students (huge)
-- speaking Spanish every day
-- my doc friends
-- the waterfalls, Urubama River, mountains,
mist on the mountains
*To begin with the end in mind.."
(The Ghosts of Machu Picchu)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful blog! Your writing is so engaging, I thought I would just read the first entry but I stayed and read the whole thing! Bravo! Bien Ahecho. (I don't really speak a lick of Spanish so this is probably spelled incorrectly - Grin)

    ReplyDelete